Thursday, December 16, 2010

Counting down to the BIG day

Take note: very picture heavy!
Wow...time flies and I always seem to say that! It should just be my motto! Lots of stuff going on and for some reason haven't had much tome to catch my breath! I am sure all of you out there are feeling the same way. 
I am really excited to show you some new pillows I made this year. I think they are fabulous. I had seen them at Pottery Barn last year and then my friend Twila posted them on her facebook page and that sealed it for me that I was making those bad boys. First off I wasn't going to spend serious coinage for some felt and burlap. Although Pottery Barn uses linen on theirs but pish posh you can't tell the difference and I certainly am not letting anyone cuddle with my beautiful pillows so it doesn't really matter. 
check them out!

 Don't you just love them??? 
 Here is our tree this year. The deal in our house is Ed puts the lights on and then the kids and I decorate. Well with Mak not home much this year...you know her being a senior with a car! Well it was 80 degrees outside I was totaling sweating and was just a crab so I gave up and it almost looked like someone threw up on the darn tree. My darling Makenna came home the next day and rearranged and finished the cascading ribbon and now it looks lovely. 
 My favorite part of our tree every year- the top. Ed hates it! Too funny how opposite we are he says it is just too foofy!
 My favorite ornaments. Totally homemade from the kids. They may be cheesy but every year when I bring them out the memories of my babies just flood right open.

 Lots of my decorations are homemade. The plates are china painted when I had tons of time when I was single. I lost one last year. It was of Santa made me sooooo sad! I just couldn't bring myself to throw him away so I kept it until this year and finally put it in the round file. Still makes me sad as I type this.
 My advent calendar that I finally this year filled! Lots of mambi product.
 Top of the bookshelf. Just never know how that will turn up year to year. Still needs something but I am done!
 Entry way vignette. This is new and I really like it.
 These are my girls. My rocks! Friends for life I will say. Man oh man do we laugh.We had our Christmas Brunch and annual ornament exchange which can get a little shall i say loosely ugly! the best I say just the BEST! Love these women~

 Last but not least my very favorite Christmas decorations. Santa praying over baby Jesus. Ties it all up doesn't it??
And the very reason we celebrate this time of year...the nativity scene. I am so grateful and overwhelmed for this most precious gift of all. 
Luke 2:10-12, 14
Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord"..."Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

Take some time this season to take in the memories and sit and be with those that you love. 
Merry Christmas to you and your families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment