Saturday, October 13, 2012

21 and A Boo!

 Ed and I are celebrating our 21st Anniversary today! It really is hard to believe that it has been that long. Sometimes it feels like 5 years and if I am being honest sometimes it feels like..well more than 21! Last year my facebook page said, "Thanks for joining me on this roller coaster they call marriage!" I still love that analogy of marriage. I first heard that line during one of my favorite movies, Parenthood. Wise old Grandma never really said much. Most of the time the family was annoyed that they had to pick her up, or have her at their house. She just mainly observed the going ons around her. One day when life was hectic getting ready for one of the grand kids plays, costumes, hair dos etc. Mom was at her wits end, Grandma says some diddy about her friend liking merry go rounds. Round and round, never changing. Just round and round. But, she was more in favor of a roller coaster. Up and down, twists and turns. Way more exciting than a merry go round. She is so right! Although sometimes scary, but really a roller coaster gets your heart pumping! My point is I love the roller coaster Ed and I have been on together!
 The picture above is of Ed and I on our honeymoon! A Caribbean cruise. The bottom picture is our dear friends, the Antols, on the same cruise, on the same chair on their honeymoon only 3 weeks prior to us! It really trips us out! I love how young we were and looked! Shelly told me today that during their honeymoon her and her husband all week thought that it would be fun to enjoy their cruise with friends. Little did we know we were only 3 weeks away!
 I love my Halloween banner! I wish I could take the design credit for it. This was designed by Irene and Adrienne. They are designers that Mambi uses off and on. I asked them if they would be kind to die cut me the letters. I then copied the banner. I think I changed it up here and there but for the most part...it's a replica!
Another new addition to my Halloween decor! I am in love with all my skellies! I didn't have any Halloween embellishments, so I made some with paper. Sketched some bats, cut them out, glittered them and they were added to the Boo. I love the glittery spider web I made. I sketched that out as well, adhered it to some thick cardboard from a cereal box, cut it out and then glittered that as well. It has been somewhat of a challenge being at home and not having EVERYTHING at my fingertips. I have had to learn to look at things around my house and adjust when I am creating! That and having to clean up every time I am done is not my favorite! I need to get my space cleaned out in the garage! I am still seeing glitter everywhere on my counters. I swear that stuff is like dust just goes places you would never imagine! Funny story, when I was mocking up products at Mambi, there was on these particular products a lot of glitter. For days I was glittering. So much so that for days when I went to the bathroom I would see glitter falling out of my clothes and settle all around the toilet! I swear!! TMI?? Nah..pretty funny!

We are off to the boys football game and then the Varsity game! That is right, celebrating my anniversary at 2 football games! My choice!
 So excited we might even be able to put on a sweater and a scarf!!
Enjoy your weekend and create something fun!
Ciao Bellas~

2 comments: