Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Heavy!

I started to write a status on Facebook but thought that one; I might be a little wordy for a status post and two I don't really want comments from those that have different views than me TODAY! Usually I don't mind a good debate of differing political viewpoints. Today I won't be able to take it. I need some time to mourn and then recover! This is my blog and if you don't like what I am writing don't read it! 
What has me scratching my head is that I have never been so vested in an election since I had the privilege of voting. I mean I paid attention here and there. I usually asked my sweet, smart friend Robin for guidance since we had the same values, morals, faith etc. I trusted her opinion. I would also listen to my friends and family who were definitely more into politics than i ever was...Stacie, Shelly, Andria, my brother Don. I would chew on what they would say and then make my own political decisions! These 5-6 years have been different for me. I have read up on my own, took other opinions in and researched the differences and came up with my own conclusions. When President Obama was elected the last time I was a bit nervous. I will admit that I was happy that our country actually voted in a black human being! Some things were changing. I found some comfort in that! That lasted all of 1 month! Where did all those people go that voted for them?? I was so disheartened, I actually knew smart, strong faithful people who voted for him for the sole reason of the color of his skin??!! What?!! How can that be??!! He promised change! Well, we got change! Change vs. dollars in my pocket book! Higher taxes, healthcare costs that have gone through the roof and expect to go higher! I know some people think that if Romney was voted in Women's rights would be pushed back 50 years. Really people?! 
I watched those poles last night like a hawk! I had hope! I even got a little excited and thought what if?! 
So last night the country spoke, well at least half of them will be happy. I can only pray that Obama sees that he made it in by the skin of his teeth and that it was not a landslide and maybe he might rethink his positions of the economy, healthcare, gas prices, etc! Realizing that half the country did not want him for a second term!
The minute I heard Diane Sawyer announce that Obama had won I was immediately sickened! I was shock that I felt that way. I could have probably teared up a little if I had let myself go there! I mean seriously where was this coming from?? Just an election. We will be fine! But what I was thinking was for  my children, my grandchildren!!! How will we ever recover from another 4 years??!!  Immediately I received a text from my friend Stacie of her disappointment as well. I went on Facebook sadness and celebratory posts! I couldn't take it! I didn't want to see his I won speech. I didn't want to see Romney's I lost speech! I turned on my Beverly Hills Housewife show. That helped. Reality! Hah! 
Went to bed and woke up at 4 with such a heavy heart! Couldn't stop thinking of what happened! How can this be? How does half the country not see what I am seeing?
So like I said I am going to take today to be sad and mourn just like I said! Today is Bible Study. I have a pumpkin bread pudding in the oven and my girls and I are going to pray for our country and eat yummy bread pudding! That will help! I am going to wish my friend Stephanie a Happy Birthday today and start some laundry! Life goes on!
I am thankful for this country and my freedom! I am thankful for the men and women that fought for my freedom and for my right to vote! I will show my children to respect the man that is our President even though he is not the one that I voted for! Most importantly, I will cling to the fact that My Lord and Savior knew who the winner was going to be and His great plan for our country is better than anything I could every dream of! 

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I had held it together pretty well until I read your post and now I am gonna just sit here at my computer and CRY. I too was up off and on all night wanting to turn on the TV and see that it was all a bad early call but I knew in my heart that God was allowing this to happen to us again and we will reap what we sow as a nation. I know in my head that God knows and plans all and that He loves us deeply but it is so sad to see the drip drip drip of moral decline, I want my stuff and don't want to pay for it policies and thinking that is now our national decline. I sure wish I was in my circle of friends this morning in Rancho/Trabuco (although I don't want your even worse tax situation) so I could pray with you and have a day of mourning for what was once a great nation, even in our lifetimes. I pray God shows each of us how to use this to His glory cuz right now I just wanna smack somebody.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and resonate with you Suezi! The GOOD NEWS is that we all have each other and that will get us through anything this world dishes out, right? GOD KNOWS BEST. XO JENDA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from the "other side" but I'm not writing to argue - just to let you know that sometimes it helps me when I'm getting frustrated, to remember that the reason people feel differently is simply about difference of opinion and difference in what issues each person places as priority when they're voting. In other words - your thought "How does half the country not see what I am seeing?" - I have thought that exact same thing before, so it actually comforts me a bit to read it here, because it helps me to remember that the differences between political parties are simply differences in opinion. I have to remember that just because I am 100% convinced that I'm right, doesn't mean that someone else isn't out there thinking the same thing - and if I recognize that fact, I can't convince myself that I'm right, only that I carry my opinion and other people carry others. So, that's my two cents, in case it helps at all. I think your last point is the best - to remember that we respect whoever is in office, regardless of if we agree with them or not. A lot of people on Facebook have not been so great at remembering that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment rcb86! I agree with you and I respect your opinions. I do try to remember that you believe as strongly as I believe what I believe. Just today I am sad! Thanks so much for not being negative. I tried not to attack and be negative. As you know that will not accomplish anything and I truly believe that is one of the main things wrong with us as a nation today. We aren't suppose to have different opinions. Thanks for reading my blog and I promise I will be back with some great creative projects soon!

      Delete
  4. Well said, Suez! You are quite the writer!

    I am jealous that Robin is in a conservative state!... But I WISH she was here to mourn with us!
    I love Jenda's reminder that we have each other <3
    And I REALLY appreciate rcb86's reminder... we are ALL people and really the way this went, roughly 50% of the country was going to come out celebrating and 50% was going to come out mourning... either way that is almost HALF the population of the country feeling like losers this morning and we can ALL relate to that.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I posted on Facebook my thoughts and got some reactions......All I can say is I feel as you do.. I am sad......I have voted since I turned 18. I can't stand Obamas arrogance , I see him on tv and I turn it off. I believe in a strong military for this nation and see that being so neglected. What the heck is going on? I believe this is all leading to end times and one world government...so all I can do now is pray pray pray. P.S. I made macroni and cheese for dinner I needed comfort food!!! Miss you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya mama! I felt the same way last night - and I too retreated to the reality shows. Thank God for reality shows last night! I don't love the new reality we are faced with!

    ReplyDelete